Your body. Your birth choices.
In English, the name Dawn means – Aurora. The first appearance of daylight; daybreak. Only fitting for the name of one who guides and helps you welcome your new child into the world. Dawn the Doula brings peace, expertise and comfort to your birthing experience.
What is a doula?
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
- 50% reduction in cesarean rates
- 25% shorter labor
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 40% reduction in oxytocin (pitocin) use
- 30% reduction in analgesia use
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
- 70% birth medication free
- 60% decrease in need of IV fluids
- 50% decrease in c-sections
- 20% decrease in inductions
- 96% of women who use HypnoBirthing will use it again with their next child